VENUS

Com Jodie Whittaker (uma jovem...) e Peter O'Toole (agora septuagenário).

Os avanços dele (Maurice) sobre ela, e os recuos dela (Jessie), não desinteressados. Assim:

Maurice: I will die soon, Venus. Can I touch your hand?
Jessie: That's one chat-up line I haven't heard.

Maurice: I'm impotent, of course.
Jessie: Thank Christ.
Maurice: But I can still take a theoretical interest.

Jessie: Have you been thinking about me?
Maurice: All the time I was in the hospital.
Jessie: What do you think about me?
Maurice: Your hair, your feet, your legs, your behind, your eyes...
Jessie: My eyes?
Maurice: [dreamily, reverentially] Your elbows... your cunt...
Jessie: Oh shut up...
[Long pause]
Jessie: You can touch my hand.

Jessie: Only with your fingers. Anything else will make me vomitous.

Jessie: I haven't got anything to wear.
Maurice: I can't think of anything more enraging.

Maurice: My dear, would you pass me my trousers?
Jessie: What is that?
Maurice: A catheter.
Jessie: Oh, my God!
Maurice: I think it's leaking.
Jessie: I don't want it on my shoes! You're always dripping, Maurice.
Maurice: Oh, hold on.
Jessie: There's always bits of you where there shouldn't be!

Jessie: You can kiss my shoulders.
Maurice: Can I?
Jessie: Three kisses. Three, I said! And no licking and burping, you dirty, filthy, little shithead.

Jessie: You've made me sticky with your slug tongue. I think I'll have a bath.
Maurice: Well, well. I think I'll run it for you.

Jessie: Do you believe in anything, Maurice?
Maurice: Pleasure, I like. I've tried to give pleasure. That's all I'd recommend to anyone.

Maurice: Venus. You look like a movie star.
[Kisses her neck]

Maurice: This other man, the other man who loved you, was he not kind to you?
Jessie: He was kind, for a time. He promised me things. He bought me stuff. We had champagne and there were roses.
Maurice: Then you got pregnant.
Jessie: Does everyone know?
Maurice: It's happened to girls before.
Jessie: Then... then he stopped being kind. He went the other way. A long way that way. He were engaged. I didn't know. It wasn't a miscarriage. My mum called it that. It were an abortion. And she made me.


Lembra as investidas de Humbert Humbert sobre Dolores e os retornos desta, não lembra?

Banda sonora de Corinne Bailey Rae. A descobrir...

Fica a vontade de ver também The Mother, do mesmo argumentista (Hanif Kureishi) e do mesmo realizador (Roger Michell).

Nenhum comentário: